If you think you don’t like cauliflower, you might think again after you try this Baked Mashed Cauliflower recipe!
Baked Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Milk
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Hiland Dairy Shredded Mozzarella (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook cauliflower for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add cauliflower, milk and sour cream into melted butter. Mash cauliflower with a potato masher or hand blender until smooth. Place cauliflower mixture in a baking dish and evenly cover with bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Bake in oven until bread crumbs are lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Optional: sprinkle with cheese.
Spice it up!
This Baked Mashed Cauliflower recipe really lends itself to creating your own recipe by mixing in your favorite add-ins…perhaps crumbled bacon and green onions, or maybe a clove of garlic. We’d love to hear (and see!) what you do. Leave a comment below!