Broccoli Bacon Quiche Bites
Healthy, Wholesome and Delicious
This quiche recipe has quickly become my go-to for everything from breakfast to brunch to a birthday bash or holiday celebration! They are delicious, easy to make and can be frozen up to two months. What I love most about this recipe is how these can be easily tailored to everyone’s own taste.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Hiland Dairy Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 8 slices fully cooked bacon
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Cheddar Cheese, grated (for topping)
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped (for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Coat a mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Using a small round cutter, cut small discs out of the refrigerated pie crust and place into the bottom of each muffin cup. Pre-bake in oven for 10 minutes.
Whisk together eggs and heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy. Whisk in salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until well blended.
Prepare the bacon and broccoli as directed on their respective packages. Crumble bacon.
Stir cheese into the egg mixture and scoop into each muffin cup.
Top with onion, bacon, broccoli and extra cheese. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set.
Remove muffin tin from the oven and let rest for about five minutes. Garnish with scallions before serving.
Out of cheddar cheese and don’t want to make a run to the store? Toss in some Hiland Dairy Cottage Cheese as a substitute. You’ll be amazed by how good it tastes!