It’s a Fun Way to See Friends and Eat Great Food!
Can’t make it home for Thanksgiving? No worries! Gather your pals and celebrate the holiday with your own Friendsgiving potluck party. It’s a casual get-together where you and your buddies can enjoy turkey and all the fixings in a relaxed atmosphere. Here’s my Friendsgiving Party Planning Guide to get you started.
One Month Before
- Send out invitations with a one-week RSVP deadline.
Three Weeks Before
- Plan a menu and assign side dishes based on the guest list.
- Ensure that you have enough plates, flatware, glassware, serving utensils and napkins. Don’t forget the tablecloth!
- Make fall-themed decorations, including a centerpiece. Homemade décor is always a fun conversation starter.
Two Weeks Before
- Deep-clean your kitchen and dining areas.
- Clear a large area for all of the prepared food.
- Shop for ingredients for any menu items that can be prepared ahead of time.
One Week Before
- Clean the rest of your house or apartment thoroughly.
- Arrange the dining area to allow enough seating for all guests. It’s OK if the chairs don’t match.
- Hang your homemade festive décor.
- Make room in your refrigerator for food items that you will make ahead of time.
Three Days Before
- Finish shopping for the remaining ingredients.
- Create a cooking schedule to streamline food preparation in the kitchen the day of the party.
- Stock the bathroom with the necessary toiletries.
One Day Before
- Set the table, including the centerpiece.
- Prepare and refrigerate as much of the food as possible, including hors d’oeuvres, gravy and desserts.
- Finish the remainder of the cooking.
- Display the prepared food dishes as your friends arrive.
- Celebrate your special guests with a toast, delicious food and a lot of laughs.
You can adapt my guide for any type of themed potluck to be sure nothing is missed! And, don’t forget to include farm-fresh Hiland Dairy Products on your grocery list!
~The Dairy Diva