Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week
Give Your V.I.T. (Very Important Teacher) Something From the Heart
Teacher Appreciation Week is the perfect opportunity to offer much-needed gratitude for all that our teachers do. While there are many ways to honor teachers’ contributions, I always try to come up with something extra special — and this year is no different. I decided to repurpose a Hiland Dairy Sour Cream container into a teacher’s pet apple gift card holder. Let’s get crafting!
Teacher’s Pet Apple Gift Card Holder
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) Hiland Dairy Sour Cream container
- Red spray paint
- Spray-on sealer, clear
- Green, brown and cream-colored construction paper
- Twine (optional)
- Rinse each container with warm, soapy water. Towel-dry completely.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray-paint the outside of the lid and container, completely covering the label. Allow to dry completely.
- Tip: I used three coats of paint.
- Spray on a coat of sealer over the red paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Using scissors, cut out a brown stem, a green leaf and brown apple seeds from the construction paper.
- Using the bottom of the container, trace a circle on the cream-colored construction paper and cut around the outline.
- Glue the round circle into the bottom of the container, then adhere the seeds in the middle.
- Glue the stem and leaf onto the lid.
- Add your teacher’s favorite gift card.
You can easily add a name tag by cutting out a rectangle from the cream-colored construction paper and tying it to the apple container with twine.
~The Dairy Diva