Do you have a sweet tooth for crafting? Then this craft idea is for you! Brighten up your tree with these candy cane ornaments made from repurposed Hiland Dairy Milk jugs. Simply cut, paint, glue and repeat. Your kids will have a blast, so grab your scissors and milk jugs; it’s time to craft!
Candy Cane Ornaments
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Hiland Dairy Milk jugs, gallon-sized
- Red and white spray paint
- Spray-on sealer, clear
- Candy cane traceable
- Circular punches, varying sizes
- Craft knife
- Green ribbon
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Rinse the milk jugs with warm, soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Trace a candy cane shape onto the cardboard and cut it out using the crafting knife.
- Punch a hole at the top of the arch of the candy cane cutout.
- Punch several circles from the milk jug in a variety of sizes. Tip: If you don’t have circle punches, simply use scissors.
- Spray-paint half of the circles red and the other half white. Allow to dry completely.
- Spray the painted circles with sealant and allow to dry completely.
- Glue the painted circles onto the cardboard candy cane cutout, alternating the colors to create the candy cane stripes.
- Cut a piece of ribbon, approximately 6 to 8 inches in length, thread it through the hole and tie in a knot.
- Adorn your tree, hang on a chandelier or give as gifts to teachers or friends.
Sign up for Hiland Dairy’s “Host the Holidays Like a Pro” email series to receive easy DIY crafts, delicious dishes and fresh ideas that will impress your guests and wow them with your fine-tuned hosting skills right in your inbox.
~The Dairy Diva