Why should celebrating our country’s stars and stripes be limited to one day during the month of July? You can repurpose Hiland Dairy Organic Milk cartons to create a patriotic centerpiece that you and your guests will enjoy all month long. Let’s get crafting!
Patriotic Flower Pot Centerpiece
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Hiland Dairy Organic Milk cartons
- White spray paint
- Red, white and blue acrylic paint
- Paintbrushes, various sizes
- Acrylic sealer
- Painter’s tape, optional
- Rinse each milk carton with warm, soapy water. Towel-dry completely.
- Cut off the top of each carton at the top crease.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray-paint each carton white on all sides. Allow to dry completely.
- Using a paintbrush, paint an American flag across the three cartons. Allow to dry completely.
- Tips: Be sure not to paint red over any part of the blue paint. To create more even lines, wrap four strips of painter’s tape completely around each carton. Paint over the tape with red paint, excluding the blue areas. After paint dries completely, carefully peel off the tape. Allow the blue paint do dry completely before painting the white stars.
- Spray all three cartons with acrylic sealer. Allow to dry completely.
- Add water and fresh flowers, or insert square blocks of dry foam and arrange artificial flowers inside each carton.
You can make any flag you like for this centerpiece, including flags of other countries, schools or sports teams.
~The Dairy Diva