Spring Is in the Air
I love spring flowers, so I wanted to make my own flower pots to showcase them. Using repurposed Hiland Dairy Organic Milk cartons and some extra fabric I had on hand from the Milk Carton Storage Boxes I created earlier this month, I was able to create these flower pots in no time!
DIY Spring Flower Pots
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Hiland Dairy Organic Milk cartons, half gallon-size
- Fabric, various colors and patterns
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Measuring tape
- Pen (to mark measurements)
- Adhesive spray, optional
- Rinse cartons with warm, soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut the tops off of each carton, making one carton 6 inches tall and the other carton 4 inches tall.
- Using scissors, cut fabric to fit each side of the two cartons.
- Using a glue gun, adhere each piece of fabric to each side, making sure your fabric pieces fold over the top and slightly inside the carton opening. Allow glue to try completely.
- Tip: If you don’t want to glue these using a hot glue gun, you can use adhesive spray instead.
- Poke a few small holes in the bottom of each carton to allow for water drainage.
- Plant your favorite spring flowers in each pot and water as needed.
You can speed up the process by gluing one piece of fabric completely around each carton.
~The Dairy Diva