Happy holidays, friends! Today is a glorious day, and we’re getting in the holiday spirit with this Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake.
CONFESSION: I’ve been listening to Christmas music since October. I know, I know. Shame. But I just can’t help myself. This is truly my favorite time of year!
In my defense, the Christmas tree didn’t go up until the day after Thanksgiving, so you can be proud of me for waiting. And, I must say, it’s looking pretty warm, cozy and fabulous in our new home.
One of my favorite things about this time of year (aside from being with family, friends, holiday parties and the spirit of giving) is all of the delicious food.
This Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake is perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch.
I made this recipe the day before Thanksgiving when my family was in town. They absolutely loved it. It’s sweet, hearty and delicious, and it makes your house smell amazing.
I added Hiland Dairy Lowfat Milk (perfect for adding a little protein to the mix) and Hiland Dairy Salted Butter to this recipe to take it to the next level. I mixed the salted butter with maple syrup and coconut sugar to make a sweet topping that ended up being lovely.
Here’s the recipe for this delicious Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake.
Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake
French Toast Bake:
- 10 slices whole grain bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Hiland Dairy Lowfat Milk
- 4 packets stevia
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 stick Hiland Dairy Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces (about 1-2 inches) and place in a casserole dish.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, stevia, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture over the bread pieces and refrigerate.
- Melt the butter and mix together the ingredients for the topping.
- Pour the topping over the refrigerated casserole.
- Place the french toast bake in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Top with pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you’re as obsessed with the holidays as I am, be sure to head over to the Hiland Dairy landing page to sign up for the holiday email series featuring tips, recipes, crafts and coupons to help you in your holiday hosting/planning! When you sign up, you’ll be automatically entered to win a KitchenAid Mixer! #YesPlease
-Content courtesy of Jar of Lemons