How Does Your Garden Grow?
Nothing says “You’re special!” quite like beautiful flowers. So, send your kiddos to school with these cute Flower Garden Valentine’s Day Boxes made from repurposed milk jugs. It will “bee” the hit of the party!
What you’ll need:
- Hiland Dairy milk jugs (1 gallon and 1 half gallon)
- Paint (pink and black)
- Tip: You can create your own shade of pink by mixing red and white paint together.
- Paint brushes
- Glue sticks
- Glue gun
- Pipe cleaners (green)
- Construction paper (red and green)
- Foam stickers (bees)
- Rinse jugs and remove labels with warm soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut a large opening in the milk jugs, making sure you leave the handle intact.
- Paint the milk jugs pink. Let dry completely.
- Cut green construction paper into long strips. Create blades of grass out of each long strip by making narrow cuts into the paper (be careful not to cut all of the way through).
- Cut green construction paper into leaves of varying sizes.
- Cut red construction paper into hearts of varying sizes.
- Using a glue gun, glue the “grass” made from the long strips of green construction paper to the top of the opening of the milk jugs.
- Using a glue gun, glue a heart and two leaves to each pipe cleaner to create heart flowers.
- Glue each heart flower to the inside of the milk jugs.
- Tip: Glue heart flowers around the entire circumference of the milk jugs for a 3-D look.
- Place foam bee stickers around the “flower garden.”
- Using black, red or white paint, paint the word “Mine” and a bee trail on the front of the jugs.
- Tip: You can use a permanent marker for the wording and bee trail instead of paint.
- Add one more bee close to the word “Mine” and the bee trail to make the phrase “Bee Mine.”
You can use spray paint to coat the milk jugs if you don’t have craft paint on hand.
~The Dairy Diva