It’s National Tortilla Chip Day.
I can’t think of a better day to serve your favorite Hiland Dairy Dip with chips than on National Tortilla Chip Day. This crispy little snack is perfect for dipping and dunking and is a favorite in my home. And since we’re already on the subject of chips and dip, I’d like to share my Spicy Corn Dip recipe with you. This hot and bubbly dip goes great with tortilla chips!
Spicy Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups Hiland Dairy Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Hiland Dairy Pepperjack Cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
Over medium heat, melt butter in a large skillet. Sauté the onions, red bell pepper and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese until combined. Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetable and cream cheese mixture. Stir until well blended. Tip: Taste and adjust your seasoning accordingly.
Spoon the mixture into an oven-safe baking dish. Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and edges are bubbling.
Serve hot out of the oven with tortilla chips.
If you prefer a spicy dip, add more hot sauce. You can make this dip as mild or as hot as you want!
~The Dairy Diva