Why spend a fortune on Holiday decorations when you already have what you need to brighten up your home? Check out this crafty way to create Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and their reindeer from repurposed milk jugs. This idea is super easy and fun for the kids!
What you’ll need:
- Hiland Dairy milk jugs (1 gallon, 1 half gallon and 2 short quarts)
- Paint (red, black, white, yellow, brown and flesh tone)
- Paint brushes
- Cotton balls
- Felt (red, black and yellow)
- Fabric and ribbon scraps
- Cut-out antlers
- Red craft poms
- Rinse jugs and remove labels with warm soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Paint Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus with flesh tone paint on upper section of the gallon and half gallon milk jugs and red paint on the sides of the jugs. Paint reindeer with brown paint on the short quart milk jugs.
- Using other paint colors, paint on eyes, eyebrows, reindeer noses and snouts.
- Using felt, scraps of fabric and ribbon create an apron, dress hem and hair bow for Mrs. Claus and a Santa hat, belt and buckle for Santa Claus.
- For Mrs. Claus, glue on cotton balls to create her hair and red pom for her nose. Secure apron, dress hem and hair bow with glue.
- For Santa Claus, glue on cotton balls to create his beard and hair and a red pom for his nose. Secure Santa hat, belt and buckle with glue.
- For reindeer, secure cut-out antlers with glue.
- Wait for glue to set and then display for all to enjoy!
You can cut an opening in the back and insert a string of lights inside Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus for some evening sparkle.
~The Dairy Diva