Looks Good. Tastes Good. Good For You.
If it tastes great for either breakfast or lunch, can you call it brunch?
One thing we do know – you can call this Falafel Avocado Toast delicious. In fact, we’ve heard from people who have served this good-for-you dish for both because it’s ingredients taste so fresh and light. It serves four, so it’s ideal for family or house guests, plus it has only 430 calories per serving, but is packed with 25 grams of protein – so it’s perfect to keep you productive through to your next meal.
Falafel Avocado Toast
Makes four servings.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tabasco sauce to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 8 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 16 slices ripe tomato, thinly sliced (about 3 small tomatoes)
- 24 slices cucumber, thinly sliced (about 1/2 an English cucumber)
- 8 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Plain Greek Yogurt
- 32 oz. Hiland Dairy Fat Free Milk
In a medium bowl, mash the avocado and chickpeas together with the lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder and Tabasco (optional) using a fork (or pulse in a food processor to coarsely mash). Fold in the bell peppers and scallions. Divide the spread among the toasted bread. Top each with 2 tomato slices, 3 cucumber slices and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Pair each serving with an 8 oz. glass of milk.
Want more high-protein recipes?
Recipe and image courtesy of www.milklife.com.