Milk Carton Storage Boxes to Get You Organized
Straighten Up and Get Organized
What started out as one junk drawer turned into many around my house. So, I decided to repurpose my Hiland Dairy cartons into these adorable storage boxes. My drawers are now organized, and I’m a happier diva!
Milk Carton Storage Boxes
What You’ll Need:
- Hiland Dairy cartons, various sizes
- Fabric, various colors and patterns
- Adhesive spray
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Craft knife
- Rinse cartons with warm, soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Open the top of each carton completely.
- Using scissors and/or a craft knife, cut off the pouring spouts.
- Using scissors, cut down each seam just to the top of the main body of the carton.
- Fold in the flaps of each carton to close the side opening and glue shut using a glue gun.
- Using scissors, completely cut out one side to create a top opening of the storage box.
- Using the adhesive spray, glue fabric to the outside of each carton.
- Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to make a handle for each box.
- Using a craft knife, slice two holes on one side of the carton, long enough for your ribbon to be inserted and glued to the inside.
- Line the inside of the carton with more fabric, gluing in place using the adhesive spray. Let dry completely.
- Tip: I searched online for a tutorial on how to easily cut fabric to fit the inside of a box.
- Use the storage boxes to organize junk drawers.
If you’re going to use these for a specific drawer, measure its height so you know how much to cut off the top of the carton.
~The Dairy Diva