Milk Jug Easter Baskets
Happy egg hunting!
Why buy an Easter basket when you can repurpose your empty Hiland Dairy milk jugs into baskets your kiddos will love? Grab some crafting supplies and let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- Hiland Dairy milk jugs (gallon or half gallon)
- Spray paint or regular craft paint (pastels will work great for Easter)
- One hole punch
- Craft glue
- Pipe cleaners (assorted colors)
- Construction paper (assorted colors)
- Buttons (assorted colors)
- Rinse jugs and remove labels with warm soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut a large opening in the milk jugs.
- Paint the milk jugs with your favorite pastel colors. Allow to dry completely.
- Twist the pipe cleaners together to create handles for your baskets.
- Punch two holes on opposite sides of each milk jug and insert the pipe cleaner handles.
- Tip: Be sure to secure the handles to the holes by twisting them together through each hole.
- Cut flowers out of various colors of construction paper in various sizes.
- Randomly glue flowers to the outside of the painted milk jug. Allow glue to dry completely.
- Glue various sizes of buttons in the center of each flower. Allow glue to dry completely.
- Now all you have to do is fill your new Easter baskets with lots of decorated eggs. Hop to it!
If you are having an Easter egg hunt, try assigning one color for every child involved and encourage them to help each other find all of the eggs in their own color!
~The Dairy Diva