Mouth-Watering Pasta Salad
At our house, pasta salads are a side-dish staple, especially with our summer meals. Instead of buying premade pasta salads from the store, I like to make my own using fresh ingredients from Hiland Dairy. Here’s the recipe for one of my family’s favorites: Creamy Cheddar Cheese Pasta Salad.
Creamy Cheddar Cheese Pasta Salad
- 1 (16-ounce) box cellentani pasta
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Hiland Dairy Organic Milk
- 2 cups Hiland Dairy Sharp Cheddar Cheese, finely cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil pasta according to directions until done. Drain well and rinse with cold water until pasta is cool to the touch. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved.
In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream and milk.
Combine the vinegar mixture with the sour cream mixture and stir until well blended.
Pour the pasta into a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top.
Add the cheese, celery and peppers.
Stir until the dressing covers all the pasta. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
Add more Hiland Dairy Organic Milk if you want a creamier texture after chilling.
~The Dairy Diva