Cup of Joe…caffeine fix…java!
Anyway you say it, there are more than 100 million daily coffee drinkers in the United States. So, the next time you’re on your coffee break at the office, throw around some of these fun facts about this caffeinated (or decaffeinated) beverage!
- Seattle has the most coffee shops in the United States and Oklahoma City has the least.
- More than 500 billion cups of java are consumed each year, making it the most popular beverage in the world.
- Light roast coffee boosts more caffeine than dark roast.
- Coffee was discovered in Ethiopia around 850 A.D., but didn’t become popular until after it spread to Mocha, Yemen around 1100 A.D.
- 65% of coffee drinkers prefer cream and/or sugar.
If you’re one of the 65% of folks who enjoy a splash of flavor in your coffee, try Hiland Dairy’s Seasonal Milks. You’re adding protein to your daily diet without even thinking about it! The same holds true with Hiland Dairy Iced Coffees in flavors like Mocha, Caramel and Vanilla. They’re a delicious blend of coffee and wholesome, healthy milk – adding 5 grams of protein to your diet per serving!
~The Dairy Diva