Serve A Gorgeous Caramel Swirl Pumpkin Cheesecake
Is it your turn to host Thanksgiving? One sure way of taking the stress out of Thanksgiving Day is to plan ahead and bake items you can store in the fridge. This cheesecake will definitely impress any holiday crowd with its unforgettable autumn decor and decadent creamy taste. What’s even better? You can make this dessert a week before serving it to your friends and family. It’s the perfect ending to your turkey day feast.
Caramel Swirl Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 Cup Fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Fine Gingersnap Cookie Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1,4 tspn Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Hiland Dairy Butter, melted
- 3 (8 Ounce) Hiland Dairy Cream Cheese Packages
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 (5 Ounce) Can Evaporated Milk
- 2 Whole Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 1 (16 Ounce) Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker and gingersnap crumbs, chopped walnuts, sugar, and ginger. Stir in melted butter and mix well.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes making sure the crust does not brown. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and cloves with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in pumpkin ad milk until smooth and stir in eggs.
- Pour filling into cooled crust.
- Place the springform pan in a shallow baking pan and bake for an hour, or until edges appear set when gently shaken.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread evenly over the top of the hot cheesecake. Drizzle the caramel topping over the mixture and with the tip of a knife carefully swirl the caramel over the top.
- Bake for five additional minutes until sour cream topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, loosen the crust from the side of the springform pan and let cool for 30 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan and the cool the cheesecake completely on the rack. Cover and chill for at least four hours.
~ The Dairy Diva