Stylish DIY May Day Baskets
May Day is right around the corner, so why not round up the kiddos and make this year’s door hopping tradition memorable with these adorable May Day baskets? With a few craft supplies, you can turn repurposed Hiland Dairy Yogurt containers into May Day magic!
What you’ll need:
- Hiland Dairy yogurt containers
- Fingernail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Acrylic paint
- One-hole punch
- Assorted buttons
- Assorted ribbon
- Rinse yogurt containers with warm soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Remove the product label using fingernail polish remover and cotton balls.
- Paint the outside of the containers with assorted colors of acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut strips of burlap and ribbon.
- Tip: Make each burlap strip approximately an inch wide and long enough to wrap around the middle of the containers. Make sure your ribbon is less than an inch wide.
- Glue the burlap strips around each container. Let dry completely.
- Glue the ribbon strips on top of the burlap strips. Let dry completely.
- Using the one-hole punch, create two holes at the top of each container on opposite sides.
- Create handles by tying strips of ribbon through each hole.
- Glue a button to the front of each container in the center of the ribbon designs. Let dry completely.
- Set the May Day baskets out at the doorsteps of your neighbors and friends.
Fill your May Day baskets with fun treats and get ready to start ringing door bells on May 1st…just don’t get caught!
~The Dairy Diva