Whether you’re looking for a great make-ahead meal, a dish for a new neighbor or an entrée that everyone will love – these Light Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are the perfect pick. As good as they taste, they also deliver the super-charged benefits of protein (40 grams per serving!). So you feel fuller longer, along with increased energy and focus.
Light Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 container (8 ounces) Hiland Dairy Light Sour Cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) Hiland Dairy Plain Fat Free Yogurt
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 12 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Hiland Dairy Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken mixed with 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomatoes, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, yogurt, soup and chiles. Spoon about 3 tablespoons sour cream mixture down the center of each tortilla. Reserve 1/4 cup of cheese. Sprinkle tortillas with remaining cheese, chicken and onions. Roll up; place in baking dish.
Spoon remaining sour cream mixture over tortillas. Cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
Need more high-protein recipes?
We’ve got you covered! You can find a variety of recipes that are higher in protein in the recipe section of our website!