April Showers Bring…Cute Window Decor
I know we love to get outside more than ever before so when we wake up to rain, look at the bright side: April showers bring crafting to a whole new level. Grab a few supplies you already have and pretty up your windows with these really cute repurposed milk jug decals. Your windows will be the envy of the block.
What You’ll Need:
- Hiland Dairy milk jugs
- Acrylic paints, various colors
- Permanent marker
- Crafting knife
- Clear or white thread
- Suction cups
- Clear glue
- Wash the milk jugs with warm soapy water and let dry completely.
- Cut down the sides of the milk jugs to create “sheets.”
- Draw raindrops, umbrellas, and flowers on the milk jug sheets.
- Cut out each decal with scissors and using the crafting knife for the hard-to-reach corners and crevices.
- Paint each decal vivid fun colors. Let the paint dry completely.
- Turn over each decal and add a drop of clear glue to the back.
- Cut a long piece of clear thread and place one end directly onto the wet glue.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Tip – I glued two to four raindrops to one piece of thread to make it look like falling rain.
- Tie each thread to suction cups and hang the decals in your window.
Diva’s Tip: If you have a certain theme in mind, go for it!
~ The Dairy Diva