Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake
This blog was contributed by Lolo’s Desserts.
This ice cream cake is the perfect combination of ice cream, peanuts, cookies, and FUDGE!! Just wait until you try this fudge sauce! My favorite part is the layer of thick fudge combined with the peanuts. Then add in the soft ice cream and you found the perfect bite.
Get started today! After you make your ice cream cake, snap a photo, post it and tag it with #HilandBakingChallenge for your chance to win a swag bag of Hiland Dairy goodies. One winner each week!
See full contest rules here.
Below is the recipe plus a .pdf that you can print out to keep handy in the kitchen while you bake.
Head over to www.hilanddairy.com for products and coupons to stock up your fridge. Be sure to tag #HilandBakingChallenge for a chance to win the prize package of Hiland coupons and goodies each week and to be featured on the Lolo’s page as well!
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package Oreos (36 Oreo cookies), reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 6 Tablespoons Hiland Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 quarts Hiland Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup Spanish peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip
- Remaining Oreo crumbles for topping
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the Hiland Dairy butter, evaporated milk, powdered sugar and chocolate chips. Stir frequently until all is melted and smooth. Bring to a boil, continue to stir constantly for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside and let sit for 45-60 minutes until cool.
- In a food processor (or blender), place 36 whole Oreo cookies and pulse until finely crushed. Remove 1/4 cup for topping later. Add the melted Hiland Butter to the remaining crumbles and pulse again until well combined.
- Pour Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Spread out and press down to form the crust. Place the baking dish in the freezer to chill while the fudge is cooling.
- Once Fudge sauce is cooled, remove the baking dish. Spoon softened Hiland Vanilla Ice Cream on top of the cookie crust. Smooth out the ice cream to form an even layer over the crust. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the ice cream layer.
- Top the peanut layer with the fudge sauce, spreading out to form another even layer. Cover and freeze for about an hour until set.
- Remove from the freezer and layer the Cool whip over the fudge layer and sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Place back in the freezer until ready to serve!