This post was contributed by Lolo Home Kitchen.
With the combination of butterscotch and chocolate, these truffles are the perfect dessert!
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. (size doesn’t matter) Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the Hiland butter, brown sugar, and Hiland heavy cream. Whisk continuously for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into the baking dish. Let cool completely. You can place it in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out the butterscotch mixture and roll into a ball. About 1 Tablespoon size but you can make any size you like. Dip the ball into the melted chocolate and coat the entire ball. Using a fork and/or a toothpick, shake off the excess chocolate and place onto the baking sheet.
- Place back in the fridge to set and then enjoy!