This recipe was contributed by the Dairy Diva.
I must admit I don’t make resolutions to start off the new year. They are usually broken in the first week. Instead of committing to turn over a new leaf, I actually try to bake something new.
This year I tried my hand at mini soufflés. I’ve never made them before so I wanted to see if my cheesy delights would puff up or peter out. I’m happy to report that I nailed it!
- Hiland Dairy Butter softened
- 2 Large Eggs room temp
- 1 tbs white sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 oz Hiland Dairy Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Hiland Dairy Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Move your oven rack to the bottom third of the oven then preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush butter on the insides of two ramekin bowls completely covering the bottom and sides.
- Add sugar to each ramekin and completely cover the insides. Shake out the remaining sugar and place the prepared ramekins on a shallow baking pan.
- Separate eggs using two bowls.
- Add all the ingredients to the yolks and mix until well blended.
- With a handheld mixer, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and can hold their shape
without being stiff.
- Stir and gently fold in half of the egg whites into the soufflé batter until combined. Repeat with the remaining egg whites.
- Fill each ramekin to the top with the batter.
- Bake until puffed and brown about 10 to 11 minutes.
- Diva’s Tip: This recipe makes two soufflés so double the recipe if you want to make more.