Creamy Beef & Shells
This post was contributed by Lolo’s Desserts.
Creamy Beef and Shells is an easy and delicious dinner your whole family will love. One pan, a creamy sauce and comes together quickly. You need to add this to your weeknight dinner rotation.
Creamy Beef and Shells
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta shells. Once done, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil in the pan. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Break up the meat as it cooks. Once cooked, place in a dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the diced onion, stir and cook for a couple minutes until soft, about 2 minutes. Then add the garlic, stir and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and garlic and whisk together for about a minute. Then add in the beef broth a little at a time and whisk until combined.
- Add the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano and paprika. Stir until mixed all together.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then reduce heat. Stir occasionally until the sauce thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and the cooked beef. Stir everything together.
- Add the Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream and Sour Cream, stir and heat all together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Serve while warm, enjoy!