DIY Mardi Gras Mask
It’s not an official party without a Mardi Gras mask! The good news is you don’t have to spend a fortune on one, either. Create your own out of a repurposed Hiland Dairy Milk jug with these easy instructions.
Mardi Gras Mask
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Hiland Dairy Milk jug, half-gallon sized
- Spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Assorted feathers
- Assorted gems
- One-hole punch
- Create a mask template on the paper and cut it out using scissors. Tip: You can find plenty of great mask templates online.
- Rinse the milk jug with warm, soapy water and remove the label. Allow to dry completely.
- Use the mask template to trace the shape onto the flat side of the milk jug and cut it out using scissors.
- Spray-paint one side of the mask with two coats of paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Using the one-hold punch, punch two holes on opposite sides of the mask.
- Decorate the mask using markers to draw designs, and adhere gems using the glue gun.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon long enough to tie around your head.
- Tie the ribbon through each hole.
- Adhere feathers to the mask using the glue gun.
If you don’t want to tie the mask around your head, simply glue a long stick to the inside corner of the mask.
~The Dairy Diva