English Toffee is a nationwide favorite that is easily made with only a few ingredients. The difference between regular toffee and English Toffee is one important ingredient – butter!
I make English Toffee throughout the year for special occasions and it’s always a big hit. I simply sprinkle on my favorite toppings to create several variations and my friends and family go crazy for this sweet treat!
- 2 cups
Hiland Dairy Buttersoftened
- 2 cups
- 1 tbsp Light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups Milk chocolate Chips
- Favorite toppings!
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper with some extra sticking up at the ends.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter sticks. Add the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 295 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add the baking soda. Stir until the mixture foams up. Quickly pours into the prepared pan.
- Let stand at room temperature until cool, about an hour.
- In a microwave, heat the chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour over hardened toffee mixture and spread to evenly coat. In four separate sections, sprinkle your favorite toppings on top of the chocolate.
- Let chocolate set for one to two hours. Remove the hardened toffee from the pan by using the excess parchment paper at each end and break it into bite-size pieces.