French Onion Burger
This post was contributed by Lolo Home Kitchen.
Fun and delicious twist on a classic hamburger. Adding Hiland Dairy French Onion Dip give amazing flavor!
I feel like I’m a bit of a burger aficionado. I love burgers and would choose that over a lot of meals. Just something about a really great burger. I had the chance to create this amazing new burger with Hiland Dairy French Onion Dip. The flavor from the dip is so good plus makes the burger super juicy. Add some caramelized onions and more French Dip spread on the bun and you are in for a super yummy summer burger.
Easy to make and will be a huge hit at the barbecue. Check out the recipe below, grab some Hiland Dairy French Dip and get to the grill!
French Onion Burger
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy French Onion Dip
- 1 Tbsp dried, chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- olive oil
- sliced provolone cheese
- burger buns
- Hiland Dairy French Onion Dip for topping
- Caramelized Onions: In a large skillet on medium high heat, drizzle a Tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the sliced onions. Stir occasionally until the onions get a nice char and start to reduce and caramelize. Takes 10-15 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, in a large bowl, mix the ground beef, the Hiland French Onion Dip, dried onion and dried parsley. Mixing with your hands is the easiest.
- Form into patties of desired size. (pro tip: press a thumb into the middle of the pre cooked burger patty. This will help the meat from shrinking in.)
- Either on the grill or a skillet on medium high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Cook the burger about 2-3 minutes per side depending on thickness and your preference.
- When the burgers are almost done, place a slice of the provolone cheese on top of each burger.
- To assemble burger: Place burger on the bun (already topped with melty cheese), place caramelized onions on top of the cheese then spread the Hiland French Onion Dip on the bun. Press together and take a ginormous bite! Enjoy!