Give Props to Pops This Father’s Day!
Celebrate Dad with a gift he’ll cherish…and absolutely love! The best gifts don’t always come from the store but from the crafty hands of your kiddos. This homemade carrier is made from a Hiland Dairy Ice Cream square and other craft supplies you already have at home. Construct it and fill it with Hiland Dairy Smoothie Drinks and protein snacks. Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day 6-Pack Carrier
- 1 Hiland Dairy Ice Cream square container
- Spray paint, two colors
- Cardboard divider
- Glue gun
- Break down the ice cream square container flat. Clean it with warm, soapy water and let dry completely. Cut off the lid of the carton.
- Spray paint one side of the flattened carton one color and let dry. Turn over and paint the opposite side a different color. Set aside and let dry.
- Spray paint the top of the ice cream lid the same color as the outside of the square.
- Using a hot glue gun, recreate the bottom of the ice cream square by securely gluing the sides.
- Create a cardboard divider with an existing divider or create one out of thin cardboard. Fit it in the carrier so that it’s flush to the top. Remove it and paint it the same interior color and let dry completely.
- Cut out the center of the lid as make two diagonal slits at the corners as shown above.
- Glue the two flaps together to strengthen the handle.
- Wrap twine around the handle gluing the twine in place as you wrap it around the cardboard.
- Using a fair amount of hot glue, adhere the twine handle to the shorter sides of the carrier.
- Create a tag and glue it on the front.
- Fill your Father’s Day Carrier with lots of goodies and have fun celebrating with your loved one!
Diva’s Tip: I used bright blue paint for the inside to add a pop of color. You can use your father’s favorite colors instead!
~ The Dairy Diva