Hit the Books With Homemade Bookmarks
It’s National Read a Book Day!
My family loves to read. Well, OK; I love to read, which is what inspired me to help my kids make bookmarks out of repurposed Hiland Dairy Milk jugs. I thought this simple craft would inspire them to pick up more books and enjoy reading as much as I do. Guess what? It worked!
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Hiland Dairy Milk jug, gallon-sized
- Ribbon, various colors
- One-hole punch
- Painters markers or permanent markers, various colors
- Rinse jug with warm, soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Using scissors, cut out various rectangle shapes from the flat sides of the jug.
- Draw creative designs using markers. Let dry completely.
- Punch one hole at the top of each bookmark.
- Cut various lengths of ribbon and thread them through the holes, securing with a knot.
- Pick up a good book and start reading!
If back to school has you feeling stressed, sign up for the Back to School With Hiland email series for delicious, nutritious tips, tricks and advice for the school year!
~The Dairy Diva