This Homemade Mushroom Ravioli with garlic cream sauce is a great way to switch up the typical dine-out dinner date with a homemade dine-in culinary cuisine.
Homemade Ravioli with Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
Mushroom Filling Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1 cup various mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons Hiland Dairy Cottage Cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Hiland Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream
Creamy Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Unsalted Butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup water plus more
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
- On a flat surface, place flour and make a well in the center. Add the eggs.
- With a fork, slowly mix in the flour from the sides of your well with the eggs to form a smooth dough. Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for at least one hour.
- While the dough is resting make the filling. In a medium pan on medium-low heat, add butter chopped mushrooms, chopped shallot and garlic. Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the oregano and parsley and cook for about 15 to 20 seconds longer.
- Sprinkle with flour and add the cream and cottage cheese. Heat on low for about one minute. Remove from heat and add parmesan. Stir to combine and let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it’s thin enough to see your hand underneath.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough directly down the center.
- Place one heaping teaspoon of mushroom filling close to one side of the dough and repeat the process leaving about two inches apart from each scoop.
- Fold over the remaining dough sheet to cover the mushroom filling and using your finger, press the dough between each mound and down both sides to make a seal.
- Cut away excess dough around each ravioli and crimp each side to close any openings.
- In salted boiling water, cook the ravioli for approximately five minutes.
- While the pasta is boiling, make the sauce by melting the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the garlic. Stir until the garlic starts to slightly brown, approximately one minute. Be sure not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the heavy cream, water, thyme and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add more water if you want a thinner sauce. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Drain the pasta and immediately spoon the cream sauce over top. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Diva’s Tip: If you want more depth to the flavor, substitute the water with chicken broth.
~ The Dairy Diva