Homemade Mini Blueberry Pies
What’s better than a homemade blueberry pie to celebrate National Blueberry Pie Day? Lots of homemade mini blueberry pies, of course! This scrumptious little berry is one of the most popular pie flavors in the United States and has been since the colonial era. I know the colonists didn’t have ice cream but it’s a must to pair these tasty tiny pies with a large scoop of Hiland Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream!
Mini Blueberry Pies
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- Flour for rolling
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Butter separated
- Hiland Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- On a clean work surface, sprinkle the flour and roll out the pie crusts.
- Cut out circles to fit mini pie tins (I used 5-inch pie tins) and place each dough circle in the pie tin pressing the dough up the sides to the rim.
- In a medium bowl, mix blueberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon.
- Fill each pie crust with the blueberry mixture and dot each with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool the pies to your temperature preference, add a scoop of ice cream on top and dig in!
Diva’s tip: Prior to baking, you can top each blueberry-filled pie with decorative pie crusts to add extra charm.
~The Dairy Diva