Homemade Spicy Cheese Dipping Sauce
Cheese Please! Everyone needs a good cheese dipping sauce so allow me to share mine. This is my go-to spicy cheese sauce for chips, fries, veggies, pretzels or…anything! The key to this scrumptious dip is using the right cheese. I always use Hiland Dairy Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese and it comes out creamy and perfect every time. It’s great at home, on the go, or even at a family picnic. You can’t go wrong with this one!Print Recipe
Spicy Cheddar Cheese Dip
- ¼ cup Hiland Dairy Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Hiland Dairy 2% Milk
- 2 cups Hiland Dairy Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour into the melted butter and stir constantly until a thick paste forms.
- Slowly pour in the milk and whisk constantly for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture thickens but can still be poured.
- Add the cheese and whisk until melted.
- Add the hot sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Diva’s Tip: Cool things down a bit by adding less hot sauce and omitting the cayenne pepper.
~The Dairy Diva