Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Slab
This post was contributed by Lolo Home Kitchen.
This Ice Cream Sandwich Slab is an easy, fun and semi homemade treat that will have everyone asking for one!
Everyone loves an ice cream sandwich, it brings back memories of grabbing them from the ice cream freezer chest at the gas station during the summer. Making them always seems easy, but they melt in varying rates while you try to serve them and it can be tricky.
This Ice Cream Sandwich Slab is so easy and people will definitely be impressed. I used premade cookie dough (you can definitely use scratch cookie dough if you are feeling fancy) plus my FAVORITE Hiland Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream. That’s it. You can use any flavor of cookie and any flavor of Hiland Ice Cream to make it truly your favorite.
Check out the easy details below!
Ice Cream Sandwich Slab
- 1 carton of your favorite Hiland Dairy Ice Cream flavor
- 1 package of premade refrigerated cookie dough
- You'll need two 8×8 baking sheets and some parchment paper. Place parchment over each of the baking sheets with slight overhang so it's easy to pull cookies off the pan.
- Divide the premade refrigerated cookie dough in half and press each half into each pan. Spread out to make sure you have an even layer. Cook until they are slightly underdone. 20ish minutes, keep checking on them.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Take your ice cream carton out of the freezer and place on the counter to soften while the cookies cool.
- Spoon and spread Hiland Dairy Ice Cream over one of the cookie squares until you have an even layer. Then carefully remove the parchment from the other cookie square layer and lay the cookie on top of the ice cream layer. Then return to the freezer to freeze and set for at least 4 hours.
- Once set remove from freezer, grab parchment overhang and remove slab from the pan. Using a serrated knife, cut into Ice Cream Sandwich individual squares and serve.
- Any remaining, wrap individually with plastic wrap and freeze again.