Ice Cream Donuts Anyone?
Any way you scoop it, ice cream is America’s favorite frozen dessert, and the same stands for my family. It’s so refreshing to enjoy spoonfuls of ice cream on a hot summer day but instead of serving it on a plate or in a cone, I thought I’d turn regular scoops of the icy treat into fun donut shapes. My kids love adding their own toppings to make them look just like real donuts.
- Hiland Dairy Ice Cream, any flavor
- Various dessert toppings and icing
- Donut silicone molds
- Cooking spray
- Soften the ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This will make the ice cream firm but spreadable. Note: It helps to freeze the plates you’ll be serving your donuts on to prevent melting. I put my plates in the freezer when I put in my donut mold.
- Lightly coat the donut silicone mold with cooking spray.
- Spoon ice cream into each donut mold and smooth off the top.
- Freeze the ice cream donuts for three to four hours.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before handling the ice cream.
- Remove the ice cream donuts from the mold and quickly decorate each one.
Diva’s Tip: Have all your decorating supplies opened and ready to go so your kids can quickly top each ice cream donut before they melt.
~ The Dairy Diva