It’s Orange Creamsicle Day! Let’s Celebrate!
The taste of a cold orange creamsicle takes me back to my childhood during the dog days of summer. I remember having to lap up the creamy goodness before it melted and ran down my hands. So, I created a homemade version of these dreamy creamsicles using Hiland Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream to help celebrate this glorious day.
- hand mixer
- popsicle molds
- 2 1/2 cups Hiland Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream
- Add the ice cream, orange juice and orange zest in a large bowl and blend together until smooth.
- Spoon into popsicle molds, leaving approximately a 1/2 inch of space at the top for the whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Spoon enough whipped cream on top of the creamsicles.
- Add the popsicle sticks and freeze for five hours or until solid.
- Diva’s Tip: If you have the time, squeeze fresh orange juice from three to four oranges and use it in your ice cream mixture.