There are so many benefits to a protein-rich diet so I include tons of it in my family meal planning. Protein fuels our energy, builds our muscles, and keeps us strong and healthy.These are only a few of the reasons why protein-packed meals are a must in my house. I love making Lasagna Soup because each serving has lots of protein and tastes so yummy. It’s also a perfect soup for a chilly evening!
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups Yellow onion diced
- 3 tbsp Garlic minced
- 4 1/2 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 3/4 tsp Dried basil
- 3/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz Mafalada noodles (mini lasagna noodles)
- 1 1/4 cups Hiland Dairy Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Finley shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz Hiland Dairy Cottage Cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Crumble beef in a hot skillet, salt and pepper to taste and cook until browned. Drain off fat and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saut. chopped onions until softened, about two minutes. Add in garlic and salt for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano,rosemary, thyme, browned ground beef, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella, parmesan, and cottage cheese until well blended.
- Stir cooked pasta into soup. Ladle soup into bowls, dollop with a large scoop of the cheese mixture, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. The cheese mixture will melt once it’s mixed into the soup.