“Love Monster” Valentine’s Day Box
Need a last minute Valentine’s Day Box that is unique and inexpensive?
Look no further! We’ll show you how to make a fun, unique and inexpensive “Love Monster” Valentine’s Day Box using a milk jug and a few simple craft supplies.
What you’ll need:
- Hiland Dairy milk jug
- spray paint
- pipe cleaners
- googly eyes
- foam hearts
- hot glue gun
- one hole punch
- craft knife
- Rinse jug and remove label with warm soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Paint entire jug with two coats of spray paint in your preferred color. Allow to dry completely, at least 24 hours.
- Using a craft knife, cut out a hole for the mouth of your monster.
- Tip: Be sure to make the hole big enough for the Valentine cards to easily go in and out of.
- Using a hot glue gun, secure googly eyes and foam hearts around eyes on jug.
- Tip: Use scotch tape to mock up the layout of the eyes and hearts before securing with the hot glue gun.
- Using a hot glue gun, secure foam hearts around mouth hole to make the appearance of teeth.
- Using scissors, create lips out of felt.
- Tip: Create a template for the lips using a piece of plain paper to outline the mouth hole in jug. Draw lips around the hole, making sure to cover the foam heart teeth points, for a perfect fit.
- Using a hot glue gun, secure felt lips to foam heart teeth and jug.
- Using one hole punch, punch 2-3 holes in the mouth of the milk jug where the lid would be screwed on.
- Secure pipe cleaners to milk jug mouth using punched holes to create hair.
- Tip: Curl random pipe cleaners around finger or pen to create wacky curls.
- Using a hot glue gun, secure foam hearts to pipe cleaner hair.
This can be created in a couple of hours (not including drying time). If you already have basic craft supplies, the project will only cost about $5.00. Not bad for a fun and unique Valentine’s Day Box, don’t you think!