Mexican Corn Salad
This post was contributed by Lolo’s Desserts.
Easy, quick, and delicious Mexican Corn Salad. A perfect side for any meal to add lots of veggies and lots of flavor! Hiland Dairy Sour Cream gives this salad the perfect amount of creaminess to the heat.
I love a good side dish. In fact, I may have been known to make numerous sides just as a meal. I think it mostly comes from my constant need to have options.
I fell in love with this Mexican Corn Salad years ago and it’s been a staple ever since.
It’s a perfect complement to so many types of meals. Mexican, steak, burgers, seafood, summer, fall — it’s all good. I love to use corn right off the cob to char up quick in a skillet but you can use canned or frozen corn to make this even quicker.
This salad has a little spice from the jalapeno but the creaminess from the Hiland Dairy Sour Cream is the perfect complement to the heat. The sour cream makes this salad just a little creamy which is the reason it’s so special. If you prefer, you can always use Hiland Dairy yogurt for this salad as well. It’s flexible and works with whatever you might have in your fridge.
You must try this recipe for Mexican Corn Salad with Hiland Dairy Sour Cream or Yogurt.
Also, be sure to go to https://www.hilanddairy.com/products to see all of their products and snag some online coupons to use!
Mexican Corn Salad
- 4 cups corn cut off a cob, canned or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice about 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Hiland Dairy Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese or feta, crumbled
- If using corn off the cob, cut the corn off. About 5 ears. If using frozen corn, no need to thaw. If using canned, be sure to drain. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add the corn to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the corn starts to char.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and allow to cool a bit.
- Add the other ingredients to that same bowl with the corn. Stir everything together until well combined. Adjust lime juice and salt and pepper as necessary.
- Store this salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.