Mobile Craft Organizer
Get a Handle on Things
Now is the perfect time of year to start organizing your crafting supplies. Have you ever opened a drawer full of supplies and couldn’t find what you needed? This handy craft organizer is made from a repurposed Hiland Dairy Milk jug, and you can carry your gear from project to project. The days of fumbling through cluttered drawers are over!
DIY Mobile Craft Organizer
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Hiland Dairy Milk jug, gallon-sized
- Spray paint
- Spray-on sealer, clear
- Craft knife
- Washi tape
- Foam board
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Chalkboard labels
- Chalk marker
- Rinse the milk jug with warm, soapy water and remove the label. Allow to dry completely.
- Spray-paint the outside of the jug, using at least two coats of paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Spray on a layer or two of sealer. Allow to dry completely.
- Using the craft knife, cut off the top half portion of the jug, leaving the handle side intact.
- Cut a 5 1/2-inch square out of foam board, then cut it in half. On each rectangle, mark the midpoint, then cut a 1/4-inch wide x 1-inch deep notch.
- Slip one rectangle, notch facing up, into the jug so it extends from side to side. Glue into place.
- Fit the second rectangle over the first so they interlock inside the milk jug. Glue into place.
- Cover the cut edge with washi tape.
- Write “Craft” and “Supplies” on the chalkboard labels and adhere them to the outside of the jug.
- Fill the organizer with craft supplies and tuck away for your next project!
You can make individual holders for certain supplies by using smaller milk jugs.
~The Dairy Diva