Promote a Healthy Lifestyle in Your Home
Get Healthy With Hiland
I was always told that if I started good eating habits young, they would stick with me for the rest of my life. It’s true! Growing up, I drank milk at least three times a day. I ate cottage cheese or vegetables as a side for lunch and dinner. My parents pushed healthy after-school snacks, such as a ham-and-cheese sandwich with a glass of milk.
Now it’s my turn to pass on this sound advice. I encourage my kids to make healthier food choices every day. To help, I always have Hiland Dairy Yogurt, Cheese, Milk, Cottage Cheese and Dip stocked in the fridge. Here are a few tips I’d like to share to promote a healthy lifestyle in your home:
– Sign up for the Get Healthy With Hiland email series.
- This email series is filled with information on healthy habits. You don’t have to spend countless hours searching the internet to find important diet and exercise tips. You’ll find them right in your inbox!
– Go for a walk or a bike ride with your kids for 30 minutes a few times a week.
- Don’t forget to recharge with a glass of Hiland Dairy Chocolate Milk.
– Make a weekly list for lunches.
- If you pack lunches for school or work, be sure to plan ahead. It’s easy to slip in the unhealthy stuff if you’re not properly prepared and feel you didn’t pack enough.
To encourage wise snack choices, make a chart of healthy snack options and list your kids’ names on it. Every time your kiddos eat something from the chart, have them check it off.
~The Dairy Diva