Smoothie Bowl Recipe
This is a guest contribution from Kim’s Cravings.
Start your morning with a refreshing green smoothie bowl! This smoothie bowl recipe is a smoothie made with fruit, spinach, and yogurt that’s served in a bowl and finished with a fun and colorful variety of toppings. The perfect healthier option for breakfast, lunch or snack time.
Alright, I know I’m the last person on the planet to jump on the whole “smoothie bowl” train. Better late than never, right?! I’ve always sipped my smoothies out of a boring, old cup; until last year when I started seeing everyone with these beautiful bowls full of colorful smoothies and toppings. I wondered what all the fuss was about, but now I get it.
I love whipping up a quick smoothie for breakfast or even for lunch when I’m swamped with work, but sometimes I just need to CHEW something. Something with texture. Something with crunch. That’s when this smoothie bowl recipe comes in handy… it’s the same nutritious, delicious smoothie you’ve always had, just poured into a big bowl, topped with whatever yummy toppings your little heart desires, and eaten with a spoon. Yay!
And with this particular recipe, I decided to shake things up a bit by trying something a little different in the smoothie department. This smoothie bowl recipe combines Hiland Dairy Fruit + Yogurt Probiotic Smoothie with a variety of other nutritious foods to create a unique and colorful snack or breakfast that even my picky kids love!
How Do You Make This Smoothie Bowl Recipe?
This smoothie bowl recipe is actually very quick and easy to make, and your family will never guess that it’s full of good-for-you foods! The recipe starts with a smoothie base. I used ice, frozen banana, frozen mango chunks, and Hiland Dairy Fruit + Yogurt Probiotic Smoothie in the mango flavor.
What you end up with is a thick and creamy smoothie – you don’t even taste the spinach. All you taste is delicious fruity yumminess! But, of course, leave the spinach out, if you prefer.
You want your green smoothie bowl to be on the thick side because you’re going to pour it into bowls and eat it with a spoon. Use plenty of ice and frozen fruit to make it super thick.
Smoothie Bowl Tips
- I find that the texture of the smoothie bowls is best if served immediately. If you’re looking to make them in advance for meal prep purposes, you can blend up the fruit mixture and store it in small containers in the freezer. Let the smoothie mixture partially thaw, give it a stir (or break it up using the blender) and you’ll be ready to eat.
- Hiland Smoothies contain dairy, but if you’re looking to make this recipe vegan, you can use any dairy-free yogurt, pourable or not.
- Not a mango fan? Hiland Dairy Smoothies come in 7 different flavor options. You can make your smoothie with any favorite fruit – peaches, pineapple or berries if you prefer a different flavor.
Is This Smoothie Bowl Recipe Healthy?
This smoothie bowl is full of nutrients such as probiotics, fiber, protein, and vitamins. That being said, fruit is naturally high in sugar and this smoothie bowl is primarily fruit-based. To keep your smoothie bowls on the healthier side, you can choose lower-calorie toppings for your bowl.
I make some form of the this smoothie bowl recipe at least once a week – it’s a great way to get that smoothie shop flavor at home. The topping possibilities are endless, and my kids love to make their own smoothie bowl creations for a fun snack.
Delicious protein that’s ready to go whenever and wherever you are! With new Hiland single-serve probiotic smoothies, you’ll have a tasty, satisfying protein snack on-the-go. Available in a variety of yummy flavors, each one has the protein you need to fuel your day. Find out more at HilandDairy.com/Healthy! Plus, enter to win a Get Fit Prize Pack to really start off on the right foot!
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
If you try this easy smoothie bowl recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves them as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.Print Recipe
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2-1 cup ice cubes
- ½-1 frozen banana
- ½-1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach optional
- Hiland Dairy Probiotic Smoothie
- Optional toppings unsweetened coconut flakes chia seeds and fresh fruit
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until thoroughly combined and smooth. It may be necessary to add more ice to achieve your desired thickness.
- Pour the smoothie into a deep bowl. Alternatively, you can use a large cup to drink your smoothie.
- Arrange the desired toppings over the top of your smoothie bowl and enjoy.