Sweet Potato Bites
This post was contributed by Lolo Home Kitchen.
Sweet Potato Bites
These Sweet Potato Bites are a delicious appetizer that is so easy to make and so full of flavor! With minimal preparation time, this recipe will be one of your favorite dishes to bring along to your next potluck or dinner party!
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tube (8oz) Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Whole Pecans for Topping
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup for Topping
- Cook the potatoes: You can do this a few ways, but my favorite way is the pierce each potato with a knife or fork several times and wrap with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 5-minute increments until a knife cuts into the potato easily.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside. Once potatoes are cooked through, remove the skin (should peel off easily) and put the potato contents into a large bowl. Use a fork or a handheld mixer to mash until potatoes are smooth.
- Now add the Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Mix again until combined and smooth.
- Lightly flour your counter and roll out the crescent roll dough. Pinch seams together then use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 24 squares. Place each square into the muffin tin and use your fingers to spread out to cover the bottom and up on the sides.
- Spoon a large spoonful of the sweet potato mixture into each muffin tin. Top with a few mini marshmallows. Bake for about 15 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add a pecan or two to the middle of each cup then bake again for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.