Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
These Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies are a quick recipe for a homemade dessert. The cookie dough is flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, and gooey chocolate.
- 8 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or sweetener
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar or sweetener
- 1 large egg. Must be at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used monkfruit sweetened semi-sweet.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional sea salt for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl using a stand or hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. Use the mixer and blend on low for 30 seconds. And then blend on medium for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.
With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.
Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat. Scoop the cookie dough into balls (about 2 tablespoon and place them on the cookie sheet about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Use wet hands and flatten the top of the cookies. The batter is really sticky. Wet hands work well while handling it.
Bake for 13-17 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the sheet. If you handle them too soon they will not firm up and will crumble.
Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool for an additional 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with sea salt if you wish.