Yummy Bunny Sugar Cookies
I might be a little“behind” on my Easter baking, so I thought I’d whip up a batch of these incredibly adorable Bunny Sugar Cookies. Not only are they cute, but they are also so yummy everyone has a hard time eating just one.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in the egg and then the extracts. Beat in the flour until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Divide the dough into four sections and flatten into disks.
- Wrap each disk with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out a dough disk approximately 1/8-inch thick onto a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper.
- Cut out shapes until the dough is completely used. Slide the parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting onto the cookie rounds and ovals. Press“feet” onto the“body” edges.
- Decorate the bunnies with marshmallow tails and chocolate candy soles and toes.