Zombie Icebox Cake
This year’s Halloween celebrations might not look like those in the past but you can still whip up a sweet treat and enjoy it with the family. This Zombie Icebox Cake is the perfect Halloween-inspired dessert that your little ones will gobble right up!
Made with farm-fresh Hiland Dairy milk and just the right amount of
cream cheese, this refrigerated dairy delight is a perfect way to end a homemade meal.
Chocolate “Zombie” Icebox Cake
- 1 ½ cups Hiland Dairy Milk
- 4 ounces Hiland Dairy Cream Cheese
- 1 package 3.9 oz. chocolate flavored instant pudding
- 1 package 4 oz. semi-sweet baker’s chocolate
- 1 cup whipped topping thawed
- 1 package 9 oz. chocolate wafer cookies
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and allow it to reach room temperature.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate according to the package directions. Remove from heat source and let cool.
- Gradually add the milk to the softened cream cheese and beat after each small amount until blended.
- Add the dry pudding mix and cooled melted chocolate. Slowly beat until blended, approximately 1 minute.
- Fold in whipped topping to keep the mixture light and fluffy.
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment or wax paper. Create “handles” for easy removal by extending the paper over the sides.
- Layer your cake by arranging ¼ of the cookies on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the cookies with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cookies (or cookie crumbleand add your Halloween decorations.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Using your paper handles, slowly remove the cake from the loaf pan before serving individual slices.
Diva’s Tip – I wanted to add Halloween decor to the top of my icebox cake but you can serve it plain. The taste is incredible – donned with spooky decorations or not!
~ The Dairy Diva