Comfort Food at Its Best!
There’s nothing better than throwing a few simple ingredients into a slow cooker, going to work, and walking through the door hours later to a house filled with the mouth-watering aromas of comfort food. Let’s get started!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 24 ounces egg noodles, frozen
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Hiland Dairy Butter, cut into chunks
- 14.5-ounce can chicken broth, plus more
- 1 bag (12 ounces) mixed peas and carrots, frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hiland Dairy Shredded Cheddar Cheese, for topping (optional)
Salt and pepper chicken breasts and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour soup and broth over chicken. Place chunks of butter on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Spoon shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and add the frozen noodles and vegetables.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Tip: You can add additional chicken broth if you prefer a more liquid consistency. Stir to mix completely.
Cook on high for an additional 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Serve immediately with crackers or warm bread and a tall glass of Hiland Dairy Milk.
If you like cheese, top your chicken & noodles with Hiland Dairy Shredded Cheddar Cheese!
~The Dairy Diva