Pretty Up Your Poinsettia
DIY Poinsettia Plant Holder for the Holidays
Poinsettias are the mandatory bloom for the holidays. And, since I always have Hiland Dairy Milk jugs, I thought I’d combine these two to create an eye-pleasing plant holder. Let’s get started!
DIY Poinsettia Plant Holder
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Hiland Dairy Milk jug, gallon-sized
- Fresh poinsettia leaves, various sizes and colors
- Contact paper
- Rinse jug and remove the label with warm, soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Using scissors, cut the top off of the jug.
- Tip: Be sure to make a big enough opening to fit a potted plant.
- Measure a strip of contact paper to wrap around the milk jug.
- Tip: Be sure to overlap a little at the ends.
- Peel off the backing of the contact paper and arrange the leaves face-down.
- Tip: Be sure to leave a little empty space at the top and bottom to allow the contact paper to stick to the jug.
- Wrap the poinsettia-designed contact paper around the outside of the milk jug, with the leaves facing outward.
- Press the paper around the jug until smooth.
If you have a green plant, use mainly red poinsettia leaves for an extra pop of color.
~The Dairy Diva