Meat & Bean Chili That Rocks
It’s National Bean Day, so why not spice up your dinner table with delicious chili? It’s the go-to comfort food that everyone loves during these cold winter days and nights. Here’s one chili recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
Meat & Bean Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 15.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 46 ounces vegetable juice
- 24 ounces salsa
- 15.5-ounce can chili beans, drained
- 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces beef chili block or roll (I use 4 Star Beef Chili)
- Hiland Dairy Shredded Cheddar Cheese, for topping
- Finely chopped onion, for topping
- Hiland Dairy Sour Cream, for topping
In a large pot, brown the ground beef.
Add the chopped onion and green pepper and cook until softened.
Slowly pour in the vegetable juice, salsa and beans. Mix well.
Add the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Add the beef chili block and cook until completely dissolved.
Top each serving with cheese, onion and sour cream. Serve warm, accompanied by a tall glass of Hiland Dairy Milk!
Print this recipe.
Have leftovers? You can freeze them in individual-sized serving containers and reheat for a quick, homemade meal. Want to shake it up? Top a baked potato with your leftover chili for a satisfying lunch, or add cooked macaroni noodles for a delicious chili mac dinner.
~The Dairy Diva