The holidays always seem to throw off my kiddos’ after-school routines. This clock craft is an easy way for them to keep track of their after-school activities like watching TV, doing homework and reading. If you have the same struggle in your household, grab an empty Hiland Dairy Milk jug and start crafting. After all, there’s no time like the present!
Time Management Clock
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Hiland Dairy Milk jug, gallon-sized
- Permanent marker
- Acrylic paint, various colors
- Paint brush
- 1 sheet black construction paper
- 1 brass fastener
- Rinse the milk jug with warm, soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Using scissors, cut off the top and bottom of the jug, and then cut along one side to open up the jug. Flatten the jug with your hands.
- Trace a circle approximately 4 3/4 inches in diameter, and cut it out.
- Using your ruler, draw hash marks to create 12 time slots on the clock face.
- Draw lines from the center of the clock to the time you want your first activity to start, and draw another line from the center when you want the same activity to end.
- Repeat this step until all of your activities are accounted for on the clock’s face.
- Color the triangles with different colors for each activity. Allow to dry completely.
- Write in the times starting with 12, using the hash marks as guides.
- Write in the activities during the designated times.
- Using scissors, cut out hands for the clock using the black construction paper.
- Attach the clock hands directly in the center with a brass fastener.
Since I didn’t have a protractor handy to trace out the circle, I used a biscuit cutter instead.
~The Dairy Diva